This course is an executive primer on digital marketing for entrepreneurs. It prepares students with a foundational understanding of marketing in the digital age. Students will learn how marketing concepts, market analysis and consumers’ behaviour are impacted by shifting technology and media landscape. The course will cover fundamental concepts in branding, search engine, social media, storytelling, display, re-targeting and related areas. Case studies and hands on experience will be provided. At the end of the course, students will be better equipped to deliver coherent digital marketing strategies for their ventures.
The course is designed for participants who aspire to initiate, manage and execute marketing program for start-ups and companies. It will provide students with a solid foundation for further self-learning to carry their ventures to the next level, or to embark on a career in digital marketing. Participants will exit the course with understandings in
- Message and customer development processes in the digital age
- Search engine optimization and marketing
- Social media marketing
- Content marketing and storytelling
- Intermediate marketing concepts such as affiliate marketing, influencer marketing and re-targeting.
- Relevant case studies and further topics on fraud, analytics and attribution.
Students will apply the concepts learned in a class project to formulate and deliver a digital marketing campaign for a target of their choice. The project will evolve over a period of 6 sessions.
The course is run over six 4-hour sessions over 3-6 weeks. Participants will have to submit assignments as part of their project and actively take part in discussions.
Evolving over 6 sessions, the project provides hands-on experience for students to apply and internalize the concepts learned from the course. Final project report is due at the end of the course and cover the following areas:
- 4Ps (Product, Price, Place & Promotion) of marketing
- Defining target audience
- Crafting marketing message and validating with target audience
- KPIs and channel selection (eg. Google keyword selections & marketing plan, Facebook editorial calendar & marketing plan, etc.)
- Marketing campaign planning and execution
- Analysis and optimization
Offered by Strategic Technology Management Institute, National University of Singapore. Part of SkillsFuture Series & Professional Conversion Programme for Digital Sales.